- Pool Filter should run at least 8 to 10 hours per day (24 hours per day is best). Set your pool timer or remember to run the pool manually if you don’t have a timer. If you are not running your pool 24 hours per day, it is best to have it running during the daylight hours (instead of night).
- Make sure your skimmer baskets are empty and clear of leaves or other debris.
Chlorine must be added to the pool daily in one of the following ways:
- Best method is to use a Chlorine
Slow Dissolving Chlorine Tabs inside it. Keep
Floater in pool at all times and refill it weekly or as needed.
- Next best method is to use an Automatic
Chlorinator. Make sure the unit is full and that the dial is set to a level that gives you a good daily chlorine reading depending on how long you run your system.
- Next best method is to place 3 Inch
Slow Dissolving Stabilized Chlorine Tablets in the
skimmers once per week (4-6 tablets are normal for 16x32 pool).
- Next best method is to manually add
Chlorine to pool skimmer every day. Don’t forget !!!
- All methods of adding chlorine to
the pool have their positive and negative aspects. All
in all, the simply floating chlorine floater is a time
tested method and ensures that you ALWAYS have a good
chlorine level. Sometimes simplest is the best.